Schedule and Location
Thornhill Education Center
- Section A: Friday, May 17, 2019, 9:30 a.m. to noon
- Section B: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 6:30 to 9:00 p.m.
- Section A: Thursday, July 18, 2019, 9:00 to 11:30 a.m., Cudahy, Administration Building
- Section B: Saturday, September 7, 2019, 8:00 to 10:30 a.m., Thornhill Education Building
Fees and Registration
Learn to identify the common trees you see in local preserves or in your neighborhood. Use characteristics such as leaves, bark, branches, flowers, and fruit to ID a tree. Learn to use keys and field guides. Walk the grounds of the Arboretum with an expert, who will point out key identifiers of common trees. See and understand your natural surroundings in a new way.
Kelly Burns has been teaching at The Arboretum since 2014. Earning a Biology degree in 1995, she has enjoyed a wide variety of jobs: Bat Researcher, Merit Badge Counselor, Animal Keeper, and Teacher. She draws upon her experience and passion to help her audience understand and appreciate the natural world.
- Notes: Held indoors and outdoors. Limit 18
- Continuing education: 2.5 CPDHs for educators are available.