Schedule and Location
- Section A: Saturday, April 6, 2019, 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. (SOLD OUT)
- Section B: Saturday, April 13, 2019, 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. (SPACE AVAILABLE)
Thornhill Education Center
Fees and Registration
In this single morning workshop for beginners, learn how to find birds, discuss equipment, what to wear, keeping track of your observations, and more. We’ll stroll around the Arboretum to observe birds that inhabit Illinois all year and learn key bird features for identification and how to match birds to their preferred food or habitat as you walk.
- Notes: Meets indoors and outdoors. Please dress for the weather and for walking on trails, including long pants and close toed walking shoes. Limit 18
- Supplies: Please bring a water bottle and binoculars and a favorite field guide, if you have them; a limited number will be available to check out during class.
- Continuing education: 3.5 CPDH credits for educators are available.