Schedule and Location
Registration closes 11:59 p.m., Thursday, March 14, 2019
Online course begins Friday, March 15, 2019
Fees and Registration
Learn to call plants by their botanical names. In this online class, botanist Chris Benda will:
- demystify the scientific naming of plants,
- explain why these naming conventions are useful and important,
- Share tips and tricks for pronunciation, and
- Teach botanical names for 40 common plant species that are native to Illinois.
The online materials include e-learning modules, reading material, short videos, interactive activities, and quizzes to check your understanding. The course will take approximately 90 minutes to complete.
Instructions for accessing the online course will be sent to registrants on March 15. You will have access to the course for 60 days and can complete the course materials at any time. Your instructor will not be online with you.
- Notes: The course is held entirely online and is expected to take approximately 90 minutes. Students will have access to the online materials for 60 days after the first day they access the course. Limit 50.
- Requirements: Must have access to the internet and provide an email address at registration. Must know how to use a web browser and how to send and receive email.