Schedule and Location
Saturday and Sunday, October 5 and 6, 2019, 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Thornhill Education Center
Fees and Registration
Pastel artist Laverne Bohlin returns to the Arboretum for a two-day fall workshop on color values. Head out onto the grounds to capture the transitioning colors of leaves from summer’s greens to fall’s oranges, yellows, and browns. In this two-day pastel workshop, you will
- learn pastel techniques
- watch instructor demos
- get one-one-one guidance from your instructor as you practice
- enjoy the opportunity to sketch outdoors on the Arboretum’s grounds
- learn to make your own pastel support, or surface, using pastel ground and mat board
Laverne Bohlin's introduction to the pastel medium began as a portrait artist at a large Midwest amusement park. Furthering her studies in fine art, she received a BFA from the University of Michigan. Using pastels and oils, Laverne paints colorful landscapes in a contemporary impressionist style. Laverne has taught at the College of DuPage, The Morton Arboretum and The Peninsula School of Art. Since retiring from the design field, she spends her time painting, teaching and gardening. Learn more about Laverne at www.lavernebohlin.com.
- Prerequisite: Previous experience with pastel recommended
- Notes: Click here to view the supply list. This class will take place indoors and outdoors, weather permitting. Limit 15