Schedule and Location
Saturdays (9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.)
- Section A: July 20 Meet at P-21 with Brenda Spitzer (This section is canceled.)
- Section B: August 17, meet at P-29 (Special class: Ephemeral Woodland Art Focus) with Brenda Spitzer
- Section C: September 7 International Forest Bathing Day! Meet at P-25 Prairie Visitor Station with Brenda Spitzer
Mondays (9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.)
- Section D: July 29, Meet at P-25 Prairie Visitor Station with Brenda Spitzer
- Section E: August 5, Meet at P-13 Big Rock Visitor Station with Brenda Spitzer
- Section F: September 23, Autumn Equinox! Meet at P-13 Big Rock Visitor Station with Brenda Spitzer
Would you like a shorter walk? Join us for our Forest Therapy Walks (1 hour 45 min).
Fees and Registration
Experience the healing and wellness promoting effects of Shinrin-Yoku, the practice of bathing the senses in the atmosphere of the forest. Take a slow and mindful walk with a certified Forest Therapy guide on a trail at the Morton Arboretum as you awaken your senses and reconnect with nature. The walks will visit different locations at the Arboretum and will include a variety of sensory awareness exercises. The walks will conclude with tea made from edible plants foraged along the trail.
Ephemeral Woodland Art Focus: Select sections will include an opportunity to spend extra time in nature creating ephemeral woodland art. In this meditative activity, participants gather rocks, sticks, cones, and other bits of nature and create a temporary design on the woodland floor. Time will also be set aside for journaling or informal sketching. See the schedule and location for dates.
Notes: Held entirely outdoors, rain or shine. Wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes. If the weather is cold, dressing in warm layers is recommended. Max 15.
Supplies: A hat, sunglasses, water bottle, sunscreen and insect repellent. Long sleeves and long pants recommended. Optional supplies to bring if you wish include a sketchbook/journal, and a mat or towel to sit upon or a carry along canvas chair/camp chair.
Recommended ages: For adults, ages 18 and over