Schedule and Location
Thornhill Education Center
- Section A: Sunday, May 19, 2019, noon to 3:00 p.m. Woodlands
- Section B: Wednesday, June 12, 2019, 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Prairie
Fees and Registration
Enrich your understanding of our local natural areas by learning to identify the most common native plants you’re likely to encounter. Colorful flowers and swaying grasses change from day to day in the Arboretum’s prairies, woodlands, and wetlands. Take a stroll with an expert and learn to identify some of the native stars of our natural areas.
The May class will focus on woodland plants, while the June class will focus on the prairie.
Great for the beginner or for any naturalist looking to brush up on native plant ID.
- Notes: Held mostly outdoors. Please dress for the weather and for walking in tall grass. Limit 20.
- Supplies: Please bring your hat and water bottle and wear sun and insect protection. A hand lens and your favorite field guide will be useful (some will be available to borrow).
- Arboretum class weather, cancellation and refund policies