Schedule and Location
Friday, February 3, and Saturday, February 4, 2017, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Cudahy Room, Administration Building
Fees and Registration
Nonmembers: Fees include admission to the Arboretum.
Create a nest in a pencil drawing. Observe and capture the essence of nest structures and their intricacies in combination with subtle additions not necessarily present in the specimen. We will work with color and graphite pencils on drawing paper, and use specimens for reference. Alternatively, you may draw nests in your sketchbook, exploring ideas in structure and creativity to build yourself references for future work. If you appreciate detail and like to draw, you are sure to enjoy.
Instructor: Julie Sutter-Blair
Notes: Held indoors. Limit 18
Supplies: Please bring:
- A few sheets of drawing paper. Suggestion: Stonehenge (Natural or other earthy color) Instructor will have some available for purchase if needed.)
- Color Pencils. A good variety of your favorites, please include at least some water-soluble or creamy pencils good for layering.
- Graphite Pencils. 2B, B, HB, H, 2H
- Erasers. Knead-able and any others you like.
- Pencil sharpener
- Sketchbook or Journal (optional) 5 x 7 or whatever you have or prefer
ONLINE: REGISTER NOW
IN PERSON: Stop by the Visitor Center during open hours.