The future is both really exciting and a bit scary. Students are often asked at an early stage of life to decide what they want to do with the rest of it, and making decisions about what career to persue can be daunting and overwhelming. ‘Planted: Finding your roots in STEM careers,’ a newly released podcast from The Morton Arboretum, will introduce you to some plant professionals with amazing careers, and explore the journeys they took to get there.
Plant professionals do everything from teaching people about the natural world to unlocking the secrets of DNA to traveling the world saving unique species. Not only that, but they have some serious job perks and cool hobbies. Explore the journey by listening to the episodes which match your interests or mirror your current stage in the journey towards a STEM career.
LISTEN: Search "The Morton Arboretum" on Google Podcasts, Apple Podcasts, or Stitcher.
EXPLORE: Discover bonus content and take a deep dive into each episode. Uncover teaching resources aligned to the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) to make the episode content come alive. Connect the science of each of our guests to connections you can make in your classroom.
- Episode 1: The Start of the Journey: with guest Dr. Andrew Hipp
- Episode 2: Early Steps: with guest Frank Balestri.
- Episode 3: Choosing a Direction: with guest Ashley Tuffin
- Episode 4: Merging Interests: with guest Aurelie Jacquet
- Episode 5: Navigating Multiple Opportunities with guests Dr. Murphy Westwood and Trinity Pierce
- Episode 6: North Stars: with guest Dr. Chelsie Romulo
- Episode 7: Final Destinations: with guests Tricia Bethke and Dr. Jennifer Chandler
- Episode 8: What Adventure is Next?: with guest Audrey Denvir
- Episode 9 (Bonus): Meet the Hosts: Dr. Jessica Turner-Skoff and Meghan Wiesbrock
Interested in a career similar to any of our guests? Check out the bonus content below, and discover the career titles you could have, and the organizations you could work for: (link to STEM Career Chart).
SHARE: Please tell us what you think. After you have listen to one (or several) episodes, we welcome your feedback. All feedback submitted by December 31st 2018, will be eligible for a raffle to receive a free pair of Bose SoundSport headphones.