The digital exhibit Vanishing Acts: Trees Under Threat is a compelling look at threatened and endangered trees and the importance of taking action to save them. The exhibit is installed in the Morton Arboretum's Conifer Collection and has traveled to other public gardens and arboreta both in the United States and internationally.
Vanishing Acts was created by The Morton Arboretum in partnership with the Global Trees Campaign and was made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services.
Downloadable Exhibit Includes:
- 17 digital interpretive panels
- Professional promotional materials
- Ready-to-use program ideas
- Content that appeals to all ages
Order Vanishing Acts
For more information call 630-719-2416 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sliding scale pricing is available.
Here are resources for public gardens and arboreta hosting Vanishing Acts: Trees Under Threat, a digital exhibit created by The Morton Arboretum in partnership with the Global Trees Campaign and was made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services.
Vanishing Acts Interpretive Resources
The Morton Arboretum has gathered interpretation resources to help your visitors better utilize the Vanishing Acts exhibit. They'll learn more about globally endangered trees, the efforts underway to protect them, and simple actions we can all take to promote tree conservation.
Guide to Threatened Trees
Read in-depth explorations of all trees featured in the exhibit within the Vanishing Acts Resource Guide, or, choose separate sections below.
The Vanishing Acts Introduction Guide includes the following sections
- Why save endangered trees?
- Evaluating the threats
- What are the threats to trees?
Individual Tree Guides:
- Magnolia (Magnolia officinalis) Vanishing Acts Magnolia
Vanishing Acts Resource Guide Magnolia officinalis (PDF)
- Pygeum (Prunus africana) Vanishing Acts Prunus Africana
Vanishing Acts Resource Guide Prunus africana (PDF)
- Pacific Yew (Taxus brevifolia)
Vanishing Acts Resource Guide Taxus brevifolia (PDF)
- Intermountain Bristlecone Pine (Pinus longaeva)
Vanishing Acts Resource Guide Pinus longaeva (PDF)
- Chinese Magnolia (Magnolia sinica)
Vanishing Acts Resource Guide Magnolia sinica (PDF)
- Wollemi Pine (Wollemia nobilis)
Vanishing Acts Resource Guide Wollemia nobilis (PDF)
- Wild Apple (Malus sieversii)
Vanishing Acts Resource Guide Malus sieversii (PDF)
- Fraser Fir (Abies fraseri)
Vanishing Acts Resource Guide Abies fraseri (PDF)
- Anhui Elm (Ulmus gaussenii)
Vanishing Acts Resource Guide Ulmus gaussenii (PDF)
- Monkey Puzzle Tree (Araucaria araucana)
Vanishing Acts Resource Guide Araucaria araucana (PDF)
- Serbian Spruce (Picea omorika)
Vanishing Acts Resource Guide Picea omorika (PDF)
- Pau Brasil (Caesalpinia echinata)
Vanishing Acts Resource Guide Caesalpinia echinata (PDF)
- Big-Leaf Mahogany (Swietenia macrophylla)
Vanishing Acts Resource Guide Swietenia macrophylla (PDF)
- Dawn Redwood (Metasequoia glyptostroboides)
- Franklin Tree (Franklinia alatamaha)
Vanishing Acts Resource Guide Franklina alatamaha (PDF)
Walking Tour Guide
Walking Tour Step-by-Step Guide: Guidelines for creating a custom tour of endangered plants at your site. VanishingActsWalkingTour_OPTIM.pdf
Podcasts—Vanishing Acts Voices
These downloadable audio files feature stories and interviews about endangered trees. Hear experts explain threats, trees, and action taken.