Schedule and Location
Mondays (9:30 to 11:15 a.m.)
- Section A: July 22, meet at Big Rock Visitor Station, P-13 with Laura Kamedulski
- Section B: August 12, meet at Prairie Visitor Station, P-25 with Laura Kamedulski
- Section C: September 16, meet at P-21 with Laura Laura Kamedulski
Saturdays (9:30 to 11:15 a.m.)
- Section D: July 13, meet at Prairie Visitor Station, P-25 with Retta Hennessey
- Section E: August 10,meet at Big Rock Visitor Station, P-13 with Retta Hennessey
- Section F: September 7, meet at P-21 with Retta Hennessey International Forest Bathing Day!
- Section G: September 7, meet at P-21 with Laura Kamedulski International Forest Bathing Day!
Would you like a longer walk? Join us for Forest Therapy Walks (3 hour)
Fees and Registration
Experience the healing and wellness promoting effects of Shinrin-Yoku, the practice of bathing the senses in the atmosphere of the forest. Take a slow and mindful walk with a certified Forest Therapy guide on a trail at the Morton Arboretum as you awaken your senses and reconnect with nature. The walks will visit different locations at the Arboretum and will include a variety of sensory awareness exercises. The walks will conclude with tea made from edible plants foraged along the trail.
- Notes: Held entirely outdoors, rain or shine. Wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes. If the weather is cold, dressing in warm layers is recommended. Limit 15.
- Supplies: A hat, sunglasses, water bottle, sunscreen and insect repellent. Long sleeves and long pants recommended. Optional supplies to bring if you wish include a sketchbook/journal, and a mat or towel to sit upon or a carry along canvas chair/camp chair.
- Recommended ages: For adults, ages 18 and over