Schedule and location
Following state recommendations to help slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), this program has been cancelled. For refund and more information, visit the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness and Prevention webpage.
Self-guided adventures are available throughout the year. Please dress for the outdoors and wear sturdy shoes. Programs are not cancelled due to inclement weather such as cold, heat, rain, or wind.
Children’s Garden adventures:
- March-October 9:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. daily; Thursdays, open until 6:00 p.m.
- November-February 9:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m. daily
Backpack adventures: Monday-Saturday, 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Fees and registration
Self-guided adventure fee is $105 per group.
- Fee includes up to 15 youth, 4 chaperones, and a $15 non-refundable registration fee.
- Patches are available for purchase at time of registration and cost $4.00 each.
- Additional chaperones are $15 per person.
- Additional youth are $6 per youth.
- There are no refunds for cancellations made less than 3 weeks in advance.
Register your youth group, scout troop, day camp or day care for a self-guided adventure at The Morton Arboretum.
REGISTER NOW for scout programs
Backpack Program: Arboretum Adventures
Kindergarten–2nd grade | Backpack reservation required | Year-round | 30 youth maximum
Find flowers, examine leaves, and search for signs of animals. Backpack supplies include: magnifying glasses, flower and tree identification guides, hands-on activities, and games.