Episode 8: What adventure is next? With guest: Audrey Denvir
Guest: Audrey Denvir, Former Tree Conservation Project Coordinator at The Morton Arboretum
- Audrey Denvir’s Profile and Favorite Plant Profile: Chicalaba
- Classroom Activity: S1 E8- Classroom Activity- Avocados and Deforestation.docx
- Learn more about Audrey’s career in this photo profile and in this article from Curbed Chicago
- Can a toddler really play Chopin? In this episode Audrey discusses how she is learning piano as a hobby, but was proud of her ability to play this Chopin piece.
- Audrey discusses both the forestry programs she attended (Yale School of Forestry) and plans to attend this fall at The University of Texas (Austin)
- Article around the demand for avocados and impact on the forest of Mexico
- University of Minnesota's article on the illegal deforestation in Mexico as the demand for avocados grows
SHARE: Please tell us what you think. After you have listen to one (or several) episodes, we welcome your feedback. All feedback submitted by December 31st 2018, will be entered to win a raffle to receive a free pair of Bose SoundSport headphones.